What to look for in a home security camera in Lafayette
When it comes to home security, it helps to get a complete look of your property This is the main reason why security cameras are some of the best components to consider as you figure out your smart home’s security. Although standalone cameras will be beneficial when set up appropriately, they’re even more helpful when integrated into your residence’s complete system.
Have you often wondered what to look for in a home security camera in Lafayette? You’ll be glad to find these vital devices come with more conveniences than previous iterations. You can see live feeds from indoor cameras or catch the attention of intruders with integrated deterrents from exterior cameras. You’ll also enjoy easy access to your cameras through a centralized control panel or mobile app.
Powerful features add value to home security cameras in Lafayette
Multifaceted and simple-to-use security cameras will elevate your home’s protection to a different level. These essential parts of your home security system can be found with a diverse lineup of features such as two-way communications, motion detection, and convenient cell phone access. Explore the available options below.
- Effective deterrents: Choose a security camera that is able to react instantly. If unusual behavior is observed by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a clear ring of red light will appear around the camera lens and a powerful alarm will sound.
- Night vision: Powerful IR night vision sensors provide clear-cut views of your surroundings at any hour. Your cameras will even maintain their visibility when zooming in on specific spots.
- Video storage: Choose security cameras with recording and storage cloud functionality and the chance to watch clips right from your cell phone app.
- Mobile app: Today’s surveillance systems in Lafayette are frequently paired to a convenient mobile device app. You can review real-time feeds or recorded video and even activate or disengage your security. The Vivint App will post an alert to your cell phone if there’s a triggered event.
- Motion detection: Incorporated motion detectors prompts cameras to activate when strange action is detected. You’ll also get a notification on your mobile device.
- Talk to visitors or family: Would you welcome the chance to check in with your children when they return from school? Is there a delivery person at your main entry? Modern home security cameras, including the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, allow convenient two-way audio so you may chat with any person captured by your surveillance device.
- Greater viewing angles: Generally speaking, your outside surveillance should give you an angle of 120° or higher. For instance, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro provides 140° views.
- Customizable zones: This feature gives you the chance to set the exact part of your property you would like your camera to watch over. This is important to better define what you watch as you wouldn’t need notifications each time an automobile drives by on the street.
Configure your own smart home
You should have a good idea of what to look for in a home security camera in Lafayette. The next step is to get started on your robust Vivint smart home. Dial (337) 226-0040 to start or submit the simple form on this page to reach out to our home protection and automation specialists.