Tips to cut down on false alarms in Lafayette
False alarms may become a real concern for your home’s security. They not only decrease the faith you have in your equipment, but they can also be a pain to resolve. Thankfully, you can do a few things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Lafayette sensors and alarms.
To begin, ensure that your devices installed properly. This will probably appear to be a no-brainer, but it’s often the case that simple miscues result in false alarms. Secondly, check out likely sources of false alarms, including entry points that may be left unsecured mistakenly. And of course, feel free to incorporate the various features like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Lafayette.
Is it really that easy? Read on and discover for yourself.
Can you stop false alarms in Lafayette?
When figuring out any problem, the best course of action is to read the manual. Ensure all your components are connected correctly from your perspective by:
- Running a system analysis through your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually check each sensor to be certain it didn't slip or need a battery change.
- Check your preset schedules to make sure that your system isn’t arming at inappropriate times.
- Be certain that all integrated smart implements are installed in the proper fashion and aren't interfering with your home’s alarm.
Contact your customer service agent if you continue to have problems cutting down false alarms in your Lafayette home. They'll gladly send out a tehnician to examine your system.
Investigate your windows and doors
If your installation appears to be installed properly, the subsequent step is to do a sweep of the house. Are your doors and widows shut tight, or are any inadvertently open? If an entry point is left unsecured, it could trigger an activated sensor. If your clan constantly fails to close a door, you might want to incorporate a smart locking system that secures automatically when the alarm is activated. Sadly, windows take extra physical effort, especially if you have a loved one who likes to rest with a window cracked. Luckily, your Vivint alarm system makes it a breeze to turn off that sensor while still guarding the remainder of the property.
Smart home automation is a great way to cut down on false alarms in Lafayette
One of the most effective techniques to minimize the probability of false alarms is to integrate smart home automation into your alarm system. When utilizing your security app, you can:
- Program a schedule to turn off the alarm when you are home and avoid false alarms caused by absentmindedly opening an entry point. You can then program the alarm to reactivate automatically again that evening as you start your bedtime routine.
- Program the alarm to disarm when your smart lock is activated with the proper number combination.
- Utilize geotracking to arm the alarm when you depart the property, then turn off when you return.
- Get smartphone alerts when your components detect uncommon motion or need a fresh battery.
- Link your system to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you are able to turn your system on or off without the smartphone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Lafayette with a Vivint smart home installation
An enhanced level of command over your home security means less chance of false alarms. To build your Vivint security package, call (337) 226-0040 or send in the form on this page.