How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Lafayette smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home security system as it connects your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a single cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in complete control of your Lafayette home’s automation and security. See how it can benefit you and explore suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Lafayette do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices with radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You can disarm or arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you may even talk to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular capability and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you convenient remote access and control via the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View real-time or saved video streams from all linked security cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Lafayette by setting schedules or initiating rules. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a particular time. Or, you can add preferences like having your doors unlock if the smoke detector triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present inside your home and arms everything except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and all sensors in the home will arm.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The home screen will show a notification if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For example, an open door will cue you to take action. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the system by using the steps above. You will then have to verify that you wish to bypass the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Lafayette
Despite the fact that various users can be entered when your system is installed, you will likely want to add an additional user in the future. Here are steps to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote functionality, tap phone or email and submit the details to dispatch an request.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, simply go to the menu, press users, pick the user you would like to remove, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Lafayette home security system. Call (337) 226-0040 to get started.