What are the benefits of a wireless smart home in Lafayette?
Safeguarding your property against common dangers like theft and fire is the main purpose of any home security system. You can achieve this with wired and wireless systems, but if you want to take advantage of the latest innovations, a wireless smart home is your top option. With a wireless system, you can enjoy the following:
● Remote access: Would you appreciate being able to lock your doors or watch live video from your phone? A wireless smart home provides a degree of connectivity you’ve never experienced previously. You can inspect or change settings of any integrated devices remotely, like your smart thermostat or lights.
● Instant alerts: You can not only access your system, but it can also access you. If a device is triggered, a notification will be delivered immediately to your mobile device app. You’ll always be notified when something happens, regardless of your location.
● Adaptable and scalable: Dissimilar to wired devices, you can put wireless options practically anyplace. Interested in having a video camera on your shelf or in your kid’s bedroom? No sweat! It’s also simple to add or remove devices from your wireless smart home.
Potential drawbacks of wireless systems
Even though wireless smart homes in Lafayette have proven safe and beneficial, there are some potential shortcomings. You might give thought to the following:
● You may need to switch out batteries. If you use battery-powered devices, there’s always the potential for failure when the battery dies. Even so, smart components will inform you when the battery is dwindling and tend to last for many years without requiring a fresh battery.
● Device placement. There may be restrictions on how far you can put wireless components away from the centralized command hub. This won’t be an issue in the majority of homes, but you should ask about the restrictions prior to making a decision.
● Threat of online hacking. Just like other computer networks, the risk of hacking is there. But you can greatly reduce this risk by using hard-to-guess passwords, always changing default settings, and using routers with integrated security.
Order your Vivint wireless smart home in Lafayette today!
Benefit from everything a wireless smart home can provide by customizing your own with a Vivint representative today. You’ll appreciate having access to your Lafayette security system from any location. Reach out to (337) 226-0040 to get started.